It is summertime, and many of us are going to be enjoying our weekends outside in front of the grill. These are great times to be spent with family and friends. However, there are some things you need to keep in mind before you fire up the BBQ grill. Here are some safety tips to remember:
- Only use propane or charcoal grills outdoors. Never use them indoors because of the threat of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Keep children away from any flammable liquids. They don’t always understand the dangers they may face.
- Keep the grill away from overhangs and deck railings. Also keep it away from heavy foot traffic.
- Keep children and pets away from the bbq grill.
- Clean the grill before and after use. You don’t want any excess fat or grease to ignite while you are grilling.
- Use long-handled tools. This will keep your body a safe distance from the flame.
- Never leave the grill unattended.
Follow these simple guidelines, and you will insure that you, your family and your friends will be safe throughout the Portland summer grilling season.
Our Portland Service Area
Located right here in Portland, Oregon, our chimney sweep technicians provide the best in chimney cleaning, fireplace installation and dryer vent care in the Greater Portland-Metro area. From North Portland down to Tualatin and Oregon City in the south, from Pleasant Valley in the east to Beaverton and Sherwood in the west – when it comes to your chimney, fireplace and vents, we hope you’ll call American Chimney & Masonry!
Ready To Make An Appointment?
To schedule an appointment with one of our expert technicians, please call 503-644-0393 or fill out our online scheduling form. With over 19,000 satisfied customers since 1989, we are ready for more! We look forward to visiting with you soon about your fireplace and chimney sweep needs.