The last time the National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG) held their annual convention and trade show in Portland, Oregon was in 1997. It was certainly great to have them back, and I think the event came off wonderfully. There were well over 600 attendees, and many first time attendees to the event which delighted NCSG staff and trade show vendors alike. I believe that many found new respect for the caliber of chimney sweeps here in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest. We at American Chimney did our best to represent our region and city well and heard many, many compliments of what a great city Portland is. It didn’t hurt that we had some of the best weather of the year! Our technicians learned a ton at the seminars and saw some of the latest technology for chimney service and inspections. Though the trade is hundreds of years old, there are still techniques developed that improve our ability to serve homeowners. We’ll continue to participate as members of this organization that sets the highest standards for our industry. Also, thanks to DoubleTree Hotel – Portland for being an amazing host!
We Accept Credit Cards
- 11 Things to NEVER burn in your fireplace!
- 6 Reasons To Keep Birds Out Of Your Chimney
- Enjoy a Trouble-Free Summer with a Clean Chimney
- 5 Tips to Season Firewood
- Birds in the Chimney? What Do I Do?!!
- What NOT To Burn in Your Fireplace – 2020 Update
- 3 types of Chimney Inspection
- 8 Things you should NEVER burn in your fireplace
- Spark Arrestors & Chimney Caps