I was reminded once again about how important the job we do really is when I read this local story about a family of 8 escaping their house fire. It was fortunate that all the family was able to get out of the house even though two of them had to be hospitalized for smoke inhalation. The cause of the fire according to firefighters; “the fire started in the clothes dryer vent”.
Many people don’t realize how dangerous the lint that gets trapped in your clothes dryer vent can be. It’s one of the most flammable materials in your home and it doesn’t take much to ignite it. Once lit, fire can easily and quickly spread throughout your home causing a great deal of damage. The real kicker is that cleaning the vent for your dryer normally take less than a couple of hours and costs less than a fun night out on the town. Had this family spent a few dollars every year to make sure the dryer vents were clear of debris and cleaned, they would still be in their home today and would not be facing an estimated $21,000 in repairs.
One reason that people don’t get this cleaning done is lack of knowledge. Please help us spread the word about the dangers of not cleaning your dryer vent every year as well as how easy and cost effective it can be done. We would love for you to choose American Chimney & Masonry to do the job; however, the important thing is to get this done today. Don’t wait. Pick up the phone and call a company that can clean your dryer vents as soon as possible. You will be glad you did and will be keeping your family safe from a potential fire.
Our Portland Service Area
Located right here in Portland, Oregon, our chimney sweep technicians provide the best in chimney cleaning, fireplace installation and dryer vent care in the Greater Portland-Metro area. From North Portland down to Tualatin and Oregon City in the south, from Pleasant Valley in the east to Beaverton and Sherwood in the west – when it comes to your chimney, fireplace and vents, we hope you’ll call American Chimney & Masonry!
Ready To Make An Appointment?
To schedule an appointment with one of our expert technicians, please call 503-644-0393 or fill out our online scheduling form. With over 19,000 satisfied customers since 1989, we are ready for more! We look forward to visiting with you soon about your fireplace and chimney sweep needs.